FAQ | How Do I Cook on a LPG Wok Burner?
Do you fancy the benefits of a wok, such as more even heat distribution and reduced oil consumption? Do you enjoy cooking outside and want to learn more about numerous cuisines? A wok burner will make your cooking experience a breeze. In this post, we’ll walk you through a few questions about an LPG wok burner—what a wok burner is, its advantages, and how it comes in handy when preparing your favourite delicacies, so let’s dive right in.
What Is a Wok Burner?
A wok burner is an implement with a high pressure designed primarily for woks. However, you can use it with various cooking methods due to its high output level of 61,000BTU.
You can separate wok burners from LPG gas bottles, making them easy to move around. Furthermore, they are an excellent substitute for BBQs.
Wok burners generate a lot of heat in a short period. As a result, you can use unique food preparation methods you wouldn’t have used on an indoor stove.
Are Wok Burners the Best for Wok Cooking?
Yes, wok burners are best for cooking, as long as the stove burner isn’t a gas stove burner. However, you’ll need a burner that can generate ten times the power of your gas stove burner.
How Do I Cook on a LPG Wok Burner?
Preparing your meal on a wok burner is very similar to cooking on any regular burner. The burners also have identical principles, and the only distinction is the amount of power. That said, below are wok principles you need to know:
- To begin, make sure the wok is not overcrowded. Therefore, don’t put a lot of food in the wok because you’ll end up with a combination of overcooked and undercooked food. Instead, divide the food into smaller portions that can be set aside on a plate once the meal is ready.
- If you’re cooking outside, keep the burner out of the wind and set the flame low since some burners can blow out even in a light breeze.
- Ensure that there is a source of fresh air in the room when using an indoor wok burner.
- When using any wok, use a small amount of oil. Peanut oil is recommended because it has a higher smoking point than other oils.
How Do I Choose and Clean My Wok Burner?
Many people do not know how to clean wok burner jets, leading to maintenance problems. However, this doesn’t have to be challenging. So below are some simple steps to follow for excellent results:
- Allow the burner and all of its components to cool completely.
- Tighten the source of propane and disconnect the hose pipe from the burner.
- You can use a paperclip, a dental pick, or a soft, thin brush to clean the jets. Insert any of these into the jet opening and gently move it around to loosen any debris.
- Place a fine brush in the opening of the gas stove and gently control the meeting to loosen any waste.
- By carefully turning the jet inside a trash can upside down, remove the debris.
- Remove the wok rings and clean them with warm water and a gentle soap sponge.
Order Your Cooktop Today
Goldline offers the most beautiful and practical gas cooktops together with high-powered LPG wok burners in Australia. Our cooktops are top-notch and ideal for families who enjoy getting together to share home-cooked meals. If you’re looking for a new cooktop, be sure to check some of our latest series and place your order directly from our website.