Delicious Chicken, Mushroom & White Wine Recipe
If you’re after a delicious but simple recipe, our tender chicken and mushroom wine sauce recipe is a great go-to when entertaining, or when you want to spoil yourself with a flavour sensation. Serve with rice or pasta of choice.
- Free range (or organic) chicken breasts cut in into horizontal cutlets
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 340 grams of mushrooms, washed and roughly sliced
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (ghee, or oil)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- ½ cup dry white dry wine
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 large sprigs of coriander
- ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons water or broth
- Serve with rice or pasta of choice
- Wash the chicken breast under warm water and pat dry with a paper towel. Cut each chicken breast half-diagonally. If you’re in a hurry slicing the chicken breasts into thinner slices will allow the chicken to cook quickly, and more consistently.
- In a small bowl mix flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder, set aside.
- Add two tablespoons of butter (ghee, or oil) into a large frypan, heating until the butter is nicely melted.
- Dip the chicken cutlets into the mixture coating both sides and shake off any excess flour. Add the coated chicken to the heated pan and brown for about five minutes. Turn the chicken and cook for another three-five minutes. This helps to seal in the juices, once the chicken is browned, set aside.
- Add an additional two tablespoons of butter to the pan and heat until melted, then add the washed and roughly cut mushrooms to the pan. Cook the mushrooms by stirring gently until the moisture is released and evaporated.
- Next add a generous amount of the thinly sliced shallots and sauté until tender. Then sauté the minced garlic for approximately thirty-seconds with the mushrooms until fragrant.
- Pour the measured wine into the pane, scraping the bottom of the pan to deglaze. Add the chicken broth, mustard and cream.
- Bring to the boil and cook for an additional five-minutes.
- Stir the dissolved cornstarch and bring the sauce back to a light simmer and add the chicken, gently stir the chicken so it is coated in the fragrant juices.
- Simmer until the sauce is thickened and the chicken is cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
Garnish the dish with some fresh lemon and coriander.